Craig Construction and Cabinet Making Ltd. Has been building homes and cottages on Prince Edward Island for over three decades. Craig Construction has a reputation for their high quality craftsmanship and offer in-house custom cabinetry, plumbing and heating.
As part of our dedication to sustainability, Craig Construction was the first contractor to be certified to build R-2000 homes.
What is an R-2000 home and how is it more sustainable than a regular home?
R-2000 is the most environmentally friendly classification of home in Canada. An R-2000 home is 50% more energy efficient than a typical new home built to code.
In a typical R-2000 home you will find:
– high insulation levels in walls, ceilings and basements
– high-efficiency windows and doors
– high-efficiency heating
– whole-house mechanical ventilation
– minimal air leaking from the house
– water-conserving fixtures such as taps and showerheads
Every R-2000 home is:
– constructed by trained builders
– evaluated, inspected and tested by an independent third-party inspector
– certified by the Government of Canada
Benefits of an R-2000 Home or Cottage
– cost savings from reduced energy costs
– health benefits from improved air quality
– comfort and protection from seasonal drafts